Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2010

My Wife is Sleeping

January 24, 2009

It's 6:57 pm and my wife's sleeping. No, that' not terribly unusual. She works her butt off all day long. She's run's 10 mile races and has run in a marathon. She swims laps 3 days a week. She snow boards, has para sailed and has showed at the national horse show at Madison Square Garden. She takes care of five horses, two kids, a turtle, a poodle, a puggle and lets not forget the neurotic insomniac husband. She needs the sleep and she needs it bad.

I love her with all my heart. But, here we sit together, but alone. We're in the same room, but a conscienceness away. Yes, I could take out the trash, check the horses, re-shingle the roof, pick at my tonsil stones or solve world peace. Yet, today peace and tonsil stones will have to wait.

No, what I've decided to do is start a blog. Seems like a good time to start one... nothing really going on the world, except killer earthquakes, rabid terrorists on the prowl, a government that can't get along with itself and Tiger Woods in a run for his life from the nine iron of doom.

Oh ... she's awake now. I need to check the horses.

No comments:

Post a Comment